Whether you prefer spreading it over classic Yellow or Chocolate Cake, our version of keto chocolate buttercream is just as rich and delicious as the sugar-filled original.
Servings: 2 cake toping
- 10 Tbsp grass-fed butter Mooi Rivier Butter or Kerry Gold Irish Butter
- 50 g erythritol
- 33 g cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut milk or clover full cream – cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp liquid stevia
- In a medium bowl, add the butter (or shortening) and erythritol. Using a hand-held mixer, beat on medium for 2 minutes to cream.
- Add sifted cocoa powder, a little at a time, blending well.
- Add coconut milk (or heavy cream), vanilla, sea salt and stevia. Beat on medium-high for 1 minute or until completely smooth.
- Spread over cake/s.
This is enough to cover two 22 cm cakes.
Serving: 1cake topping | Calories: 23.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.5g | Protein: 0.15g | Fat: 2.5g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 6.5mg | Sodium: 20mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 1g
Keto Chocolate Buttercream
Amount Per Serving (1 cake topping)
Calories 23.5 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.5g9%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.